About the Southern Trust
The Southern Health & Social Care Trust provides integrated patient / client centred services to a population of 365,712 people in the local areas of Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon, Dungannon, South Tyrone, Newry and Mourne.
To deliver safe, high quality health and social care services, respecting the dignity and individuality of all who use them. This vision is underpinned by the Trust’s values which shape what we do and how we do it.
Some Facts about SHSCT
Each year across our 2 acute hospitals the Southern Trust treats:
- 50,000 inpatients
- 120,000 Emergency Department patients
- 190,000 outpatients
- We have the second largest resident population compared to other Trusts in Northern Ireland at 365,712 (20% of population).
- We have seen18.9% growth in population between 2000 and 2013, compared to NI average of 8.7% with projected growth of a further 25% by 2023, compared to NI average of 10%.
- We had the largest increase in births since 2001 at 17%, compared to NI average of 10%. An 11.3% growth in 0-17 population is expected between 2012 and 2037, compared to a decrease in NI of -3.3%.
- We have the highest projected growth in the over 65 population between 2012 and 2037 of 95%, compared to NI average of 79%.
- Central & Eastern European migration accounts for 4.2% of the Trust population, compared to the NI average of 2.2%.
• DHH Profile - click here
• CAH Profile - click here
• Emergency Department – click here
• Hello My Name Is – click here
• GP OOH – click here
• Minor Injuries Unit – click here